Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure?
30% to 45% of Americans suffer from high blood pressure. Join this study and help develop a new therapy for treating this disease.
This clinical research study is comparing an add-on investigational therapy to standard of care blood pressure reducing medications.
If you are between 18 to 75 years old (inclusive) and your high blood pressure is untreated OR remains high despite treatment you could qualify for this study.
- 24-hour access to MBR’s doctors/medical staff.
- World class medical oversight.
- Free of Charge!
Free of Charge!
- Insurance is NOT required to participate.
- Free services include:
– Study related medication
– Doctor’s visits
– Physical exams
RECEIVE UP TO $2,245 STIPEND
- Those who qualify and choose to participate may receive up to a $2,245 stipend.
“By participating in research, hypertension patients join the fight against this widespread disease.”
The first step is to learn more and see if you qualify. After registering, a clinical research coordinator will contact you and answer your questions
Call or text +1 704 283 7359
Visit Our Center
See If You Qualify
Our facility is state of the art.
Visit our center for a prescreening visit to see if you qualify.
343 Venus Street, Monroe, NC 28112
What our Patients say about our services
Square feet Dedicated Research Facility
Recreational Area Comfortable Recliners
Free entertainment options
First Class Service from our Nurses and Staff
High Speed Wifi
You are invited to take part in the KARDIA-2 (or ALN-AGT01-003) research study to test if the investigational drug, zilebesiran (zile-BEE-siran), is safe and improves hypertension (blood pressure that is too high) as an add-on therapy to oral, standard of care antihypertensive (that is, blood pressure reducing) medications.
343 Venus Street, Monroe, NC 28112
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Hypertension mean?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) means that your blood pressure – the force of the blood against the artery walls – is higher than normal. Blood pressure usually changes during daytime activities. If the average blood pressure is consistently above normal you could suffer from hypertension. Uncontrolled or undetected high blood pressure significantly increases the risk of severe health problems in long term.
What are the symptoms of hypertension?
Most people who suffer from hypertension (high blood pressure) experience no symptoms at all. If you suffer from regular severe headaches, nosebleeds, vision problems, chest pain, blood in the urine, or irregular heartbeat, there is a high chance of having hypertension. High blood pressure must be under control in order to reduce the chance of serious health problems in long term.
How much will the study cost?
- There will be zero costs for the study participant to take part in the hypertension study.
What if I am uninsured?
- Proof of insurance is NOT required to participate in this study. All medical oversight over the course of your study participation is included.
What does investigational medication mean?
- An Investigational medication (also known as investigational new drug) has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for testing in people in a clinical study, but has not been approved for general use, distribution or sale. It is through clinical research that these medications receive full approval by the FDA.
How will I be compensated for participating?
- Participants receive a check following each study visit. For this study, those that qualify and choose to participate could receive a total payment of up to $2,245.