Protecting Those Most Vulnerable to Meningitis Infections
With developing immune systems, children are the most vulnerable to meningitis bacterial infections.
This study is for 10- to 17-year-olds and it’s examining an investigational vaccine to prevent meningococcal infections in children.
Register today to see if your child could qualify for this clinical research study. Those that qualify and choose to participate may be compensated for their time.
Ongoing Treatment Studies
Monroe Biomedical Research is an FDA sanctioned clinical trial facility running a Meningitis vaccine study to prevent the infection.
Meningitis Vaccine Study
The meningitis trial is checking if a new drug, called VAN00010, can combat severe diseases caused by meningitis bacteria. The aim is to take a step closer to delivering comprehensive protection against the most common types of meningitis by studying the medicine in young adults and adolescents to understand how effectively this medicine works.
Ready to Enroll Your 10-17 Year Old in the Meningitis Study? Follow these Simple Steps.
Visit Our Center
See If You Qualify
Our facility is state of the art.
Visit our center for a prescreening visit to see if you qualify.
343 Venus Street, Monroe NC, 28112
Register Here Today!
“It is through research like this that we prevent serious illness and protect those most vulnerable to a meningococcal infection.”
Benefits of Participating in Studies Through
Monroe Biomedical Research
Square feet Dedicated Research Facility
Recreational Area Comfortable Recliners
Free entertainment options
First Class Service from our Nurses and Staff
Movies and Shows
High Speed Wifi
- 24-hour access to MBR’s doctors/medical staff.
- Insurance is NOT required to participate.
- Investigational medication, study related testing, and medical care will beprovided at no cost!
For study related
time & travel
- Those who qualify and choose to participate may receive Compensation.
Patient Testimonials: Their Feedback on Our Services
Discover More Opportunities for Participation
Covid & Flu Combo
Monroe Biomedical Research
343 Venus Street, Monroe, NC 28112
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meningitis?
- Meningitis is a medical condition characterized by the inflammation of the meninges, which are the protective membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord. Bacterial meningitis is often severe and can be life-threatening. Vaccines are available to prevent some forms of bacterial meningitis.
What are the symptoms of meningitis?
- Meningitis is typically associated with symptoms such as severe headache, neck stiffness, fever, and sensitivity to light (photophobia). Other symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, confusion, and a rash. If left untreated, bacterial meningitis can lead to serious complications, such as brain damage or death.
What are the complications of meningitis?
- Meningitis can lead to several complications, some of which can be serious or even life-threatening. The severity and type of complications may vary. Diagnosis is made through a combination of clinical evaluation. Untreated infection could lead to hearing loss, neurological complications, vision problems, cognitive and behavioral changes, seizures and stroke.
How can you treat meningitis?
- Meningitis is a medical emergency, and early diagnosis and treatment are crucial to improve the chances of a full recovery. Treatment depends on the underlying cause and may involve antibiotics for bacterial meningitis, antiviral drugs for viral meningitis, or antifungal medications for fungal meningitis. Vaccination against certain bacterial pathogens can also help prevent some cases of bacterial meningitis.
What if I am uninsured?
- Proof of insurance is NOT required to participate in this study. All medical oversight over the course of your study participation is included.
What does investigational medication mean?
- An Investigational medication (also known as investigational new drug) has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for testing in people in a clinical study, but has not been approved for general use, distribution or sale. It is through clinical research that these medications receive full approval by the FDA.
How will I be compensated for participating?
- Participants receive a check following each study visit. For this study, those that qualify and choose to participate could receive compensation for their time and travel.
How much will the study cost?
- There will be zero costs for the study participant to take part in the Meningitis prevention study.