Let’s develop a Vaccine for RSV
Every year, almost 177,000 Americans (>60 years old) are hospitalized due to the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is a common, contagious, and seasonal virus that infects the respiratory tract. RSV currently does not have any vaccines or treatments.
If you are 65 years or older, you could participate in this clinical study examining the effectiveness of a new investigational RSV Vaccine.
- 24-hour access to MBR’s doctors/medical staff.
- World class medical oversight.
- Free of Charge!
- Insurance is NOT required to participate.
- Free services include:
– Study related medication
– Doctor’s visits
– Physical exams
- Those who qualify and choose to participate may receive compensation
By participating in research, RSV patients join the fight against this respiratory disease, improving the wellbeing of millions who suffer from the seasonal virus.
Visit Our Center
See If You Qualify
Our facility is state of the art.
Visit our center for a prescreening visit to see if you qualify.
343 Venus Street, Monroe NC, 28112
What our Patients say about our services
Square feet Dedicated Research Facility
Recreational Area Comfortable Recliners
Free entertainment options
First Class Service from our Nurses and Staff
High Speed Wifi
RSV Vaccine Study
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a seasonal virus that infects the airways of the lungs. Healthy adults usually experience very mild cold-like symptoms and recover in a few days. In adults aged 60 years and older, in individuals with weakened immune systems, and in individuals with chronic heart and lung conditions, RSV is an important cause of serious infections and can lead to hospitalization and, in some cases, death.
Currently, there are no licensed vaccines or treatments available for RSV in the adult population.
The main purpose of this study is to see if Ad26/protein preF RSV can protect humans against RSV or severe symptoms of RSV.
343 Venus Street, Monroe, NC 28112
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RSV?
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a seasonal virus that infects the airways of the lungs. Healthy adults usually experience very mild cold-like symptoms and recover in a few days. In adults aged 60 years and older, in individuals with weakened immune systems, and in individuals with chronic heart and lung conditions, RSV is an important cause of serious infections and can lead to hospitalization and, in some cases, death.
How dangerous is an RSV infection for patients 60 years or older?
- There are 2.2–5.4 million cases among older adults >60 years old or older per year. There are approximately 14,000 deaths per year in patients 60 years or older due to RSV. The mortality of those infected is up to 37% among those admitted into the ICU and 50% in transplant recipients.
Are there any vaccines or treatments for RSV?
- Currently, there are no licensed vaccines or treatments available for RSV in the adult population.
What if I am uninsured?
- Proof of insurance is NOT required to participate in this study. All medical oversight over the course of your study participation is included.
How much will the study cost?
- There will be zero costs for the study participant to take part in the COPD study.
What does investigational medication mean?
- An Investigational medication (also known as investigational new drug) has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for testing in people in a clinical study, but has not been approved for general use, distribution or sale. It is through clinical research that these medications receive full approval by the FDA.
How will I be compensated for participating?
- Participants receive a check following each study visit. For this study, those that qualify and choose to participate may receive compensation.