Donate a Blood and Stool Sample for Ulcerative Colitis Research
These samples are being collected anonymously
and are being used for future
Ulcerative Colitis research.
Visit Our Center
See If You Qualify
343 Venus Street, Monroe NC, 28112
“It’s through research like this that we can improve the detection and treatment of future diseases.“
Blood Donation for Future Ulcerative Colitis Research
You are being asked to share your blood and stool with the study Sponsor, Precision for Medicine, a division of Precision Medical Group, who will provide these samples to medical researchers throughout the world who are searching for better methods of detecting and/or treating various diseases, that may include genetic testing.
What does Ulcerative Colitis disease mean?
- Ulcerative Colitis disease is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). This chronic, long-term disease affects the large intestine and its lining. If you are suffering from Ulcerative Colitis disease, you may experience abdominal cramping, nausea, diarrhea, weight-loss.
What are the symptoms of Colitis disease?
- There is no cure for Ulcerative Colitis disease at the moment. Treatment medications can control and keep calm the inflammation. In severe cases when medications are not enough, sugery can be an option.
How much will the study cost?
- There will be zero costs for the participant to take part in the Colitis sample collection study.
What if I am uninsured?
- Proof of insurance is NOT required to participate in this study. All medical oversight over the course of your study participation is included.
What does investigational medication mean?
- An Investigational medication (also known as investigational new drug) has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for testing in people in a clinical study, but has not been approved for general use, distribution or sale. It is through clinical research that these medications receive full approval by the FDA.
How will I be compensated for participating?
- Participants receive a check following each study visit. For a Colitis sample collection, those that qualify and choose to participate could receive a total payment of up to $75.