Reversing the Effects of Blood Thinners.
• During Medical Emergencies this Could Save Lives.
• Join The Phase Bio Research Study and Help Make it Possible.
If you’re between 50 and 80 years of age, you could qualify for this research study. Participants will spend 5 nights at our facility receiving Aspirin and Brilinta. The PhaseBio study is examining how the investigational treatment reverses its effects.
Free of Charge
Study participants will have 24-hour access to MBR’s doctors and medical staff. All study related medication, doctor’s visits, physical exams, and testing will be free of charge!
5 Star Experience
Over five nights, all your meals will be included. Participants will receive private rooms and many entertainment options.
up to a $4,000 Stipend
For their time and participation, Those that qualify will receive a stipend of up to $4,000.
“After the age of 50, many are prescribed blood thinners to reduce the risk of heart disease or stroke. Rapidly reversing its effects could be critical in life-threatening situations in order to stop bleeding or proceed with lifesaving surgeries.”
Visit Our Center
See If You Qualify
Our facility is state of the art. Visit our center for a prescreening visit. We will assess your study eligibility and provide you with a tour of our center.
343 Venus Street, Monroe NC, 28112
What our Patients say about our services
First Class Service from our Nurses and Staff
High Speed Wifi
Patients could qualify if they are between 50 and 80 years old, in general good health (or have well controlled existing medical conditions), and are willing to take daily Aspirin 81 mg.
Monroe Biomedical Research
343 Venus Street, Monroe, NC 28112
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to stay 5 nights?
- Study participants will stay at our center for 5 nights to ensure that they are properly taking their daily dose of Aspirin and Brilinta a few days prior to the study medication’s administration. The following procedures will also be performed: blood draws, ECGs and Vital signs. You will have 24-hour access to Registered Nurses and Study Coordinators during this period.
How will I be compensated for participating?
- Participants receive a check following each study visit. For this study, those that qualify and choose to participate will receive a total payment of $4,000.
Why will I be taking Aspirin 81mg?
- The purpose of this study is to examine an investigational medication’s ability to reverse the effects of blood thinners like Aspirin and Brilinta.
What is Brilinta?
- Brilinta is an FDA approved medication which is used to reduce the blood’s ability to clot. It is taken by patients everyday to reduce the risk of stroke or heart disease.
What if I must leave during my stay?
- If you choose to participate in the study, it will be expected that you stay onsite for five nights. If you must leave for an urgent or pressing personal reason, you will be permitted to do so.
How much will it cost?
- There will be zero costs for the study participant to take part in the Phasebio study. All meals and accommodations will be covered by the study site for the duration of your stay.
What if I am uninsured?
- Proof of insurance is NOT required to participate in this study. All medical oversight over the course of your study participation is included.
What does Investigational Medication mean?
- An Investigational medication (also known as investigational new drug) has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for testing in people in a clinical study, but has not been approved for general use, distribution or sale. It is through clinical research that these medications receive full approval by the FDA.